Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Halo 3 In E3

For those of you who caught the E3 show yesterday, there were pockets of H3 goodness in there for everybody to enjoy. That is, if you could bear the terrible presentation. I heard the mic cut off a couple of times when the good game developer folks were demoing their products. Let me also say Peter Moore sucks at delivering a presentation. The crowd was completely dead. he sucked it up so much that the presenter's applause drowned out the entire crowd. It really made me feel sorry for Microsoft. Ah well...
I was hoping to catch a glimpse of Halo 3 and of course they saved the best for last. The good people at WETA got to present their piece. I have admired their work ever since i was a kid and I still am a fan but this latest video left me really scratching my head. Their latest promotion video was very StarcraftII'esque. It didn't leave the user with a message. On the other hand, the graphics were sweet. I mean if they really qualify as graphics at this level. Neill Blomkampp is a master when it comes to his work. I am looking forward to what you guys think about this video. you can view it here.
Next up was the introduction of the Halo'ed XBox 360. When Peter Moore shuffled over to the stage and stuck his head underneath the table for a good 5-10 seconds, I couldn't help but smirk. I am sorry I had to. This expression was followed by me holding my breath as he held a swampy green 360 for the world to see. He was one palming that thing as if it was a sandwich. We all know how heavy that thing was....sigh. Can you imagine if he had dropped that baby.
The h360 was nothing extraordinary. Nothing indicated that it was different architecturally different than the vanilla variety. meh. Pass. I am inclined to say that not even hardcore gamers would want this piece of crap. I can see a place for the white or the black XBox 360 fitting in with the rest of the decor in a house. Why would anyone want to get this. As soon as the novelty of 'ooh ooh I have a Halo 3 Edition XBox 360' wears off, you're stuck with an absolute eyesore.

I shook my head and was about to go to bed when Peter Moore did the most awkward version of Steve Jobs oh and there's one more thing... and wanted us to "Finish the Fight".
Again, the presentation on TV just looked awful. They would shift back and forth from the screen that was showing awfully new and raw in-game footage of H3. Why would you want to do that?!! Really annoying. Plus, I think some clueless inji't chose at that very moment, to commandeer the mic and repeatedly keep asking, "Hey, are yoouu guuyyyss enjoying this?" What the bloody hell!?!? Then, out o
f nowhere, the great folks over at G4 decided to cut to a commercial. Brilliant!!
After the video got cut, I switched off the TV and ran to my computer and watched the video there. I should've just done that to begin with. It's beautiful everyone. Don't let the naysayers tell you any different. Got it right here:

Halo 3 Campaign Footage

So, all in all, XBox360 at E3 sucked, Halo 3 Campaign Footage rocks! Would like to know what you think out there. Check out these nice Halo 3 pics too.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please don't kill MC... he's too young to die