Monday, July 9, 2007

New Levels(kinda), interesting battle armor

Last week Bungie released some pretty nifty level screenshots for the Halo audience to drool over. While the majority of the users on the forums do like them, I am a bit skeptical about these new MP maps. I'll show you what I mean:
This first one is called 'Last Resort'. Looks familar? Yep, you guessed. They might as well have named it Zanzibar 2. To be fair, not a lot of the innards of this level are really known and Bungie promises more open spaces and an assortment of walkways in and out of the interior structures this time. Incidentally, look at those gates in the lower left hand of the picture. It doesn't look like I can fling the flag across the gates so easily this time in a CTF game.

Next one up is a level called 'Epitaph'. Ooo... look at it all glow. The level is supposed to be some sort of Forerunner technology. It looks really neat but also very similar to the 'Longest' in Halo: CE. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Oh yeah, the new E.V.A and C.Q.B suits are now here. Bungie has got a lot of sexy poses up on it's site but you're not going to hear any complaints from me about the new Spartan suits. It seems like you have to unlock these new suits though. I definitely see these suits being worth the effort.
Interesting note here about the E.V.A suit. I am wondering how these new body armor suits fit into the story. Doesn't this suit strike you as a bit...well... feminine? And it's no coincidence that the suit's acronym is Eva. According to Bungie E.V.A stands for 'Extra Vehicular Activity'. Does that sound like a bunch of bull to anyone but me? Hmmm...
We'll know on Sept. 29th.

1 comment:

maluchunk said...

Yes we will know by SEPT 27 MUWAHAHHA